Sunday 25 August 2013

Blueberry butter cake

Butter cake is the only cake my late mom used to do when the kids go back to kampung for holidays. Every holidays my brothers and sisters will send thier older kids to spend holidays with my parent. They love to balik kampung.. They enjoy playing, fishing, swimming in the cold storny stream behind the house and no one stop them. Every year they just couldnt wait for year end holidays because they can stay longer there. Now all grown up, they seldom go back to kampung. its not fun for them anymore. Most of my nephews and nieces are now studies in colleges and secondary. My eldest son and 3 of his cousins are still in primary. So its now thier turn having fun when balik kampung.But since my mom not around we very seldom go back too. My last time went back was 2 years ago. We all miss her very much. Miss her foods. Miss the smell of the aroma from the fire woods cooking place.They woke up at 5am to go to church every morning. When they back home she will straight away start the fire and cook nasi bungkus(this our Lun Bawang and kelabits food)that are for our breakfast and lunch. Everybody  are still under thier blanket...when we wakeup everything done just makan only.. Miss her much!
My fathers was alone since mom passed away 6 years ago. He will come over to pay us a visit once in a while..huh! what a sad story. ok we stop here. lets talk about mom butter cake now.   I have no idea how she cooked it..baked or steam. What i know they have no oven, kampung no power supply ok...haha. My niece told me she just need sugar,planta, eggs and flour. She dont even weight the ingredients but the cakes was awesome...she when back home tried to make one at home but she failed. Me too never bother to asked her for recipe because at that time im not very interested in baking and thats it!

Bah....jom jom jommm...layan recipe dulu.

oh! i almost forgot! this cake really made me headached. Two days ago when i baked it used my friend's recipe, it failed. Second time i tried to used Bee(u can get her recipe by clicking this) recipe and disappoint me too, it failed again...OMG!!! i keep on wondering what was wrong. I even post a question on Bee's blog asking her what is going wrong.
This morning when i prepared my snow skin dough for tomorrow use, i asked my maid to get me the container which contained the fried glutinous rice flour....guess what????hahahaha........ it was the flour that i used for my 2 butter cakes!!! What a waste!!! But not our dogs. They enjoy thier glutinous rice flour butter cakes... Now conclusion is there are nothing wrong with the recipes but me myself. Very sorry to both of you Josephine and Bee.

Today i try to used back my Josephine recipe..yes! its turn out great. Huh! what a relieved!.
Now lets check the recipe.

BUTTER CAKE

adapted from:Josephine Padan

by: MonicaTadam

Ingredients:

250 gm butter
200 gm sugar(i put 130gm)
5 eggs
210 gm Hong Kong flour
( i used 250gm cake flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of vanilla essence
....i add in
3 tbsp fresh milk
some blueberry paste

Method:

1) Place butter, vanilla and sugar in a mixing bowl. Cream till light and fluffy.
2) Add in eggs one at a time and mix evenly.
3) Cream the batter till smooth and light.
4) Lastly fold in the flour and mix till well blended.
5) Pour the batter in a cake mould of any shape.
6) Bake at 180 degrees for about 50 minutes.

*before baking i pour top of the batter with some blueberry paste. The paste will flow down through the batter during the baking process.

You can see the bottom, pictures of the three different cakes...hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment